Twitter on Tuesday released its list of the 10 most retweeted tweets of 2017, and President Trump may not be pleased. The regular tweeter did not make the cut even once, while predecessor Barack Obama ended up with three in the top 10, notes Politico.
The most retweeted tweet of all, however, belonged not to a politician but to a teenager trying to score some Chicken McNuggets.
- Carter Wilkerson: "HELP ME PLEASE. A MAN NEEDS HIS NUGGS" (3.6 million retweets)
- Barack Obama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." (1.7 million)
- Penn State Intrafraternity Council: "With the current devastation in Houston, we are pledging $0.15 for every RT this gets! Please forward this along to help out those in need!" (1.2 million)
- Ariana Grande: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words." (1.1 million)
- Barack Obama: "Thank you for everything. My last ask is the same as my first. I'm asking you to believe—not in my ability to create change, but in yours." (872,000)
- Linkin Park: An image of Chester Bennington has been retweeted 787,000 times.
- LeBron James: "U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" (661,000)
- Barack Obama: "It's been the honor of my life to serve you. You made me a better leader and a better man." (631,000)
- Sam Martin (Detroit Lions punter): "Leo (a dog) and I are donating 6 lbs of dog food to Houston for every retweet this gets!!!! RT RT RT RT!!" (623,000)
- Seth Joseph: "suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255 ... 1 person ends their life every 40 seconds ... will u take the time to retweet this & possibly save one of them?" (604,000)
See USA Today
for more details and more odds and ends about popular tweets from the year.
More From Newser
This article originally appeared on Newser: 3 of Year's Most Popular Tweets Belong to Obama